Add Guardian Sensors to a map in the Map designer task, so you can monitor the events and alarms triggered by these sensors from Security Desk.
Create and configure a map, and then add the SDS Guardian plugin under the area that the map is attached to.For more information on creating maps, refer to Creating maps from image files.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Map designer task.
Select one of the Recent maps or click Browse
all maps to open an existing map.
The selected map fills the Map designer workspace.
- In the toolbar, click Area view ().
- In the top right corner of the Area view pane, click to pin the pane to the workspace.
- From the Area view pane, expand the SDS Guardian role and the gateway.
- Select a sensor, and then drag it to where you want it on the map to represent the physical setup of your sensors.
- Optional: Use the sensor widget to rotate or adjust the size of the sensor icon on the map.
- Click Apply.
You can now monitor the Guardian Sensors from the Security Desk Maps task.
The following image shows an example of a map with sensors added to it in the Map designer task.