[KBA-76510] Archiver processes time out and restart intermittently in Security Center 5.5 and 5.6
This article explains why the Archiver processes might time out and restart intermittently in Security Center 5.5 and 5.6, affecting live video streaming and recording .
In all current versions of Security Center 5.5 (5.5 GA to 5.5 SR5 CU3, inclusively) and in Security Center 5.6 GA, the Archiver processes time out and restart approximately every 25 days. This issue affects live video streaming and momentarily interrupts video recording.
- Right-click the Windows Start icon and select Event Viewer.
- Press the Windows key+R and type eventvwr.
- Click OK.
In the Event Viewer, the following errors appear:
- GenetecArchiverAgent32.exe (Security
Center 5.5 and 5.6)
- GenetecVideoUnitControl32.exe (Security
Following these errors, a Security Center memory dump is created in C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.x\Dumps, as shown in the following image:
A change in the code.
Do one of the following:
- Upgrade your entire system (all servers and client machines) to Security Center 5.5 SR5 CU4 or to Security Center 5.6 SR1, depending on your current version.
- Install one of the following hotfixes on the Archiver only:
Best Practice: After you have applied the appropriate hotfix for your version, clear the dump files found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.x\Dumps.
- For Security Center 5.5 SR5 CU3, download the hotfix here.
- For Security Center 5.6 GA, download the hotfix here.