You must configure the video file size, retention period, and other advanced settings to prepare your Archiver or Auxiliary Archiver for cloud archiving.
- In Config Tool, open the Video task.
- Select the Archiver or Auxiliary Archiver, and then click Camera default settings.
Turn on Automatic cleanup, and then enter the number of
days that you want the video archives to be stored in the cloud.
If you want to keep your video archives for 10 days in local storage and an additional 30 days in the cloud, you must enter 40 days.NOTE: Video archives are deleted from both the local cache and the cloud when the retention period expires.
- If you have cameras that do not inherit their recording settings from the Archiver, configure their Automatic cleanup property with the same value.
Turn off Delete oldest files when disks are full.
The video files are deleted based on the configured retention period only.
- Turn off Enable thumbnails requests.
Set the Disk load warning threshold to a level (default
= 90%) that is appropriate for your operating environment.
The Disk load threshold exceeded event is generated when the warning threshold is reached, but you must create an event-to-action to receive a notification.
- Set the Maximum length of the video files to 5 minutes.
- Click OK, and then click Apply.
Create an event-to-action to notify the administrator to take action when the
disk is almost full.
Event-to-actions are created from the System task, General settings view, Actions page. There are many ways you can use to notify your administrator, such as popping a message or sending an email. The following screenshot gives you an example.
For more information, see .
Install Cloud Archives.