Deleting logon history from the logon dialog box in Security Center
If there are incorrect entries in the drop-down lists of the Logon dialog box in Config Tool and Security Desk, or if there are users in the list who are no longer required, you can delete the history of usernames and servers.
When you log on to Security Center, your username and the Directory (main server) you connected to are saved for that workstation. The next time you open Config Tool or Security Desk, your previous logon information appears in the drop-down lists of the Logon dialog box.
What you should know
NOTE: This information used to be found in the deprecated knowledge base article KBA-00525.
- Log off and close all Security Center client applications.
In Windows explorer, go to the following folder: C:\Users\<Your
Username>\AppData\Local\Genetec Security Center 5.x.
Tip: The AppData folder is hidden by default. To show the folder, do the following:
- In Windows Control Panel, click .
- In the File Explorer Options dialog box, click the View tab.
- In the Hidden files and folders option, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Click .
- In Notepad, open the LoginOptionsExtension.xml file.
In the <DatastoreHistory> and <UsernameHistory>
sections of code, delete the <string> lines.
<DatastoreHistory> <string>SERVER_NAME_1</string> <string>SERVER_NAME_2</string> </DatastoreHistory> <UsernameHistory> <string>Operator_2</string> <string>administrator</string> <string>Investigator</string> </UsernameHistory>
- Save the LoginOptionsExtension.xml file.
To stop saving username and server history on this workstation, do the following:
- In Windows explorer, go to the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.x\ConfigurationFiles.
- In Notepad, open the Lnk.security.xml file.
In the following line of code, change the EnableUserHistory and
EnableServersHistory options to False.
<Security EnableUserHistory="False" EnableServersHistory="False" TilepluginsSecurity="Demand">
- Save the Lnk.security.xml file.
The next time you open Config Tool or Security Desk on this workstation, the drop-down lists in the Logon dialog box are empty. New entries are not saved.