Before you can enroll your DMP intrusion panel into Security Center using the Standard connection, you must prepare the panel.
If you are running XR150-series DMP intrusion panels, upgrading the firmware to version 193 or later will allow you to use the Integrator Path feature. For more information on upgrading firmware, refer to the DMP user documentation.
What you should know
NOTE: Make sure to enroll your panel using the Integrator port if you plan to use Remote Link at the same time as Security Center.
- Make sure that the DMP intrusion panel is configured and working as expected.
- On all routers, switches, and network devices, unblock the port used to communicate with the extension.
- Confirm that the DMP intrusion panel can communicate with the Security Center server where the extension will be installed, using the Ping command, Telnet, or related tools.
From the Security
Center server machine
that hosts the Intrusion Manager role, open the Remote Link application and
connect to a DMP intrusion panel.
NOTE: If Remote Link cannot connect to the panel, then Security Center won't be able to connect either.
Make a backup copy of the panel's configuration.
- If you have users configured in your panel that you do not want to import to Security Center, manually delete those users from the panel now.
Open the Remote Options page, and do the following:
- Take note of the Remote Key.
- Enable Remote disarm.
- Enable Allow Network Remote.
- Take note of the Network Programming Port.
Open the Network Options page, and do the following:
- Verify that the connection settings for the panel are correct.
- Take note of the Local IP Address
- Make sure the Listen Port matches the value entered in the Network Programming Port earlier.
- From Remote Link, send the configuration to the panel.
Configure the panel to send alarm events in real-time:
- Open the Communication Path page, and create a temporary path.
- Set the Comm Type to Network
- Set Transmit Delay to 0.
- Click Apply to push the changed settings to the DMP intrusion panel.
- Go back to the Communication Paths window and delete the temporary path.
- Click Apply to push the settings to the DMP intrusion panel again.
- Open the Area Information page, change the Account Number from the default value. The default is 12345.
Take note of the account number.
Disconnect Remote Link from the panel.
CAUTION:If Remote Link remains connected, Security Center cannot enroll the panel.
The panel is ready for communication with Security Center. You should have the following information written down for use during the enrollment of the panel in Security Center:
- Remote key
- Network Programming Port and Listening Port (must be the same value)
- Local IP Address
- Account number