Before you can use your intrusion panel in Security Center, you must enroll the panel as an intrusion detection unit in Config Tool.
Prepare the DMP intrusion panel
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Intrusion detection task.
- Click Intrusion detection unit ().
In the Manual Add dialog box, configure the following:
- Intrusion manager
- This setting is only visible when there are multiple Intrusion Manager roles. Choose a role to host the intrusion detection unit.
- IP address
- The unique TCP/IP address of the intrusion panel.
- The TCP communication port number that is configured on the intrusion panel. On the panel, this is the Listen Port and the Network Programming Port.
- Event port
- A unique port number that Security Center uses to listen for incoming events from the intrusion panel. On the panel, this is the Net Port.
- Assign automatically
- Select this check box.
- When selected, the panel's Net Options on the PC Log Reports page are configured correctly. The Net IP address is set to the address of the Intrusion Manager server. The Net Port is set to a unique value.
- Account number
- The account number is a one to five digit number used to identify the intrusion panel. On the panel, this is the Account Number on the Area Information page. The default is 12345.
- Remote key
- The remote access code for the intrusion panel that was assigned using DMP Remote Link. Security Center can only communicate with the panel when the correct remote key is provided.
- Always stay connected
- (Integrator or Entré connection) Keeps the connection between the DMP intrusion panel and Security Center open permanently.
- Enroll disconnected unit
- Select this option to add a device that is not yet physically connected to the IP network or is connected but offline.
Click Add and close.
The configuration is saved and the Manual add window closes.
The intrusion detection unit is displayed under the Intrusion Manager role in the entity browser. When the unit connects to the panel, Intrusion Manager creates the intrusion detection areas, inputs, and outputs that are configured on the panel. You can see the:
- intrusion detection unit listed under the Intrusion Manager role in the Intrusion detection task.
- intrusion detection areas in the Area View task.
- inputs and outputs on the intrusion detection unit's Peripherals tab.