[KBA-00947] Live Viewer and Archive Player close unexpectedly when receiving video in H.264
This article explains why the Live Viewer and Archive Player might close unexpectedly when viewing H.264 video in Omnicast™ 4.8 GA or 4.8 SR1.
Applies to: Omnicast™ 4.8
The Live Viewer and Archive Player client applications might close unexpectedly while viewing H.264 streams if the system experiences packet losses.
- Arecont H.264 video (when using a TCP connection type)
- Sony H.264 (any mode)
- OTN H.264
- Bosch H.264 from Divar units
- On the client machine, open the Windows Registry Editor (click and type regedit)
- Navigate to one of the following folders:
- 32-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Genetec\Genetec Omnicast4.8
- 64-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Genetec\Genetec Omnicast4.8
- Create the following 32-bit DWORD value and set its value to 200 (decimal): Rtp2H264ParamsMaxSize