[KBA-1270] Bosch Autodome 700 IP Unit PTZ Movements Are Reversed in Plan Manager
This article explains why the PTZ movements of a Bosch Autodome 700 IP PTZ unit are reversed in Plan Manager, but behave normally in Security Desk.
When attempting to pan a Bosch Autodome 700 IP PTZ camera to the right in Plan Manager, it will pan to the left, and vice-versa. In Security Desk, the camera pans and tilts correctly, but returns the opposite coordinates.
Further inspection in Config Tool shows that the camera's coordinates decrease when panning to the right, which results in the unit panning left in Plan Manager.
There is a conflict in the values sent from the software to the camera.
This is resolved in Security Center 5.2 SR3 CU4 or later.
After applying CU4 or later:
1. In Config Tool, select Archiver > Resources > Advanced Settings > Additional Settings.
2. Add BoschPtzProtocolChangeSupported with a value of 1.
3. Click Close > Ok > Apply > Ok. NOTE: This will require a restart of the Archiver role.
4. Select the affected camera and click its Hardware tab. The PTZ Protocol drop down box should now be enabled. Choose Bosch BiCom PC IP from the drop down menu, then click Apply.
5. Verify that everything works as expected. It might take a few seconds before the change is effective.
6. (OPTIONAL) Remove the additional setting you created in step 2 if desired; this will prevent the PTZ Protocol drop down box from being enabled.
NOTE: This will require a restart of the Archiver role.