With each release, new features, enhancements, or resolved issues are added to the product.
Synergis™ Softwire is the access control software developed by Genetec Inc. to run on a variety of IP-ready security appliances. Synergis™ Softwire lets these appliances communicate with third-party interface modules. A security appliance running Synergis™ Softwire can be enrolled as an access control unit in Security Center.
Synergis™ Softwire 10.9 includes the following enhancements:
- Support for Assa Abloy Aperio AH40 IP hubs
- The AH40 is a wireless communication hub that connects to the Synergis™ unit over IP. Each hub controls up to 16 Aperio locks, for a total of 64 doors per Synergis™ unit.
- Support for Axis A1601 controllers
- Synergis™ Cloud
Link now supports the Axis A1601 controller.
The A1601 is a two-door IP unit with the following features:
- Support for two readers
- Support for two Card-in/REX-out doors or one Card-in/Card-out door
- Two dry relays
- Four auxiliary I/O ports
- Autonomous mode for Axis A1001 and A1601 controllers
- Autonomous mode allows an Axis A1001 or A1601 controller to make access control decisions independently of a Synergis™ unit. This reduces the delay between a card read and a Door unlocked event in high-latency situations.
- Native double-badge events
- With double-badge activation, badging twice unlocks a door and triggers an action. The door remains unlocked and the action remains active until the next double-badge event.
- DESFire key versioning for SAM cards
- For Synergis™ units with the optional expansion module, SAM cards can now be configured with up to three keys. This enhances key-management flexibility by allowing the use of pre-encoded cards that have key versions other than 0. Key versioning works with either OSDP or SSCP protocols.
- Key hash algorithm options in the Synergis™ key store
- You can now use key hashes to verify keys between the Synergis™ key store and other units, a SAM card, or a
third-party card production tool. The following key hashes are supported::
- Key Checksum Value
- Secure Hash Algorithm 1
- 256-bit version of Secure Hash Algorithm 2
- 384-bit version of Secure Hash Algorithm 2
- 512-bit version of Secure Hash Algorithm 2