[KBA-00823] Audio cuts out when exporting to ASF in Omnicast™
This article explains why audio might cut out when exporting a G64 file to ASF in Omnicast™ 4.7 SR1 and Omnicast 4.8 GA.
Audio cuts in and out when playing back an ASF file that was created from a G64 file.
The correct DLL was not registered.
A hotfix is available for Omnicast™ 4.7 SR1 (HF1078). Contact the Genetec™ Technical Assistance Center to obtain the hotfix.
- Exit all open Omnicast™ client applications.
- Open a Windows Command Prompt and type the following command:
- 32-bit system: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regasm.exe /tlb /codebase "C:\Program Files\Common Files\DVR Software 4.7\ActiveX\Genetec.AsfConverterBridge.dll"
- 64-bit system: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regasm.exe /tlb /codebase "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DVR Software 4.7\ActiveX\Genetec.AsfConverterBridge.dll"
- Restart the client applications.
After applying one of these fixes, play a G64 video file in a tile before exporting it to ASF.