[KBA-01395] Intermittent delays when sending commands to an SMC or SCL
This article explains why you might experience intermittent delays when sending commands to a Synergis™ Master Controller or Synergis™ Cloud Link.
There is a delay unlocking doors, or triggering outputs that are connected to a Synergis™ Master Controller or Synergis™ Cloud Link.
These delays occur when the Access Manager tries to reestablish a secure HTTPS session after long periods of inactivity. The Access Manager tries to update the SSL certificate, and times out after 15-30 seconds, causing the initial delay.
- Install the required SSL certificate as follows:
- On the Access Manager server, run Internet Explorer as Administrator.
- Enter the URL for the SMC web interface.
- Open the Certificate Error, and click
- Select the proper SSL certificate and click View certificate.
- Click Install Certificate.NOTE: Make sure the certification store is set to Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Click Next until you finish the installation.
- After installing the SSL certificate, modify the registry to disable automatic
root certificate updates:
- Still on the Access Manager server, run regedit.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Policies/Microsoft/SystemCertificates/AuthRoot
- Right-click AuthRoot and select
- Name the new DWORD DisableRootAutoUpdate.
- Double-click DisableRootAutoUpdate and set Value data to 1
- Click OK.
- Close regedit.
- Reboot the Access Manager server.