[KBA-00734] How to configure unit keep alive for unstable networks in Omnicast
This article explains how to change the maximum number of communication failures between a unit and the Archiver before the unit is considered "offline".
If the Archiver cannot communicate with a unit a consecutive number of times, the Archiver releases the connection with the unit and the unit falls offline.
By default, the maximum number of communication failures is 0, but you can configure this value through the SoftKeepAlive registry key if you need to (for example, on unstable networks).
NOTE: You must change the registry key for each Archiver extension separately.
- Click Start > Run, and type REGEDIT.
- Click OK.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to one of the following keys:
- If you are using a Windows 32-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Genetec > OmnicastArchiver4.x > Extension
- If you are using a Windows 64-bit system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432node> Genetec > OmnicastArchiver4.x > Extensions
- Select the GUID of the extension you want to configure. To verify which extension you are currently configuring, double-click the ExtensionName value. The name of the extension (for example, AXIS) is displayed in the Value data field.
- Double-click the SoftKeepAlive value.
- In the Value data field, type a value for the number of unit failures
before a reconnection, and click OK.