[KBA-79045] Degraded performance on SAS drives that might cause data loss with Streamvault SV-4xxxE appliances
This article explains why SV-4xxxE (Dell) appliances running specific firmware driver versions might experience reduced performance on the drive and lose the data stored on the drive.
There is degraded performance during reverse sequential reads and SMART checks on SAS drives, which might result in data loss.
SV-4xxxE appliances that have MG06 or MG07 SAS drives with the following part numbers are affected:
A firmware issue on Toshiba SAS drives.
- Using Windows Command Prompt, find the serial number of the appliance by typing the following command: wmic bios get serialnumber
- Go to https://www.dell.com/support and enter the serial number you obtained step 1.
- Click View System Configuration.
- Scroll down to the SAS Hard Drive section and find the part number.
- If the part number does not match FV725 or
KFJ7G, this KBA does not apply to your appliance and
no further action is required. If the part number is
FV725 or KFJ7G, do the
- Use one of the following links to download the appropriate drivers. If you do not know the type of driver, contact Dell Support.
- Choose the applicable operating system.
- Download Toshiba EI07 for MG07 or Toshiba EH08 for Tomcat MG06.
- Follow the instructions to update the firmware.
- Firmware version EH08 and later for MG06 series drives
- Firmware EI07 and later for MG07 drives