[KBA-00999] How to increase the strike activation time for HID access controllers
This article explains how to increase the amount of time a door stays unlocked while it is open when using HID access controllers.
When using HID access controllers with Security Center, by default doors relock as soon as they open. For some installations where a door needs to stay unlocked while the door is open (for example, with double doors), a minimum action time must be set on the strike relay so it stays active for the duration of the access granted time.
More InformationTo increase the minimum action time:
- In Config Tool, open the Access control task.
- Click the Roles and units view and select the access control unit (HID controller).
- Click the Peripherals tab.
- In the Editable output settings section, search for the output relay used for the door you want to configure.
- Enter a value for the Minimum time (Action)
option.When triggered by an Access granted event, this value determines the minimum number of seconds the relay stays closed (the strike is activated), even if the door is opened.Example: If the Minimum time (Action) value is set to 6, the door remains unlocked for 6 seconds even if the door is open. If the Minimum time (Action) value is set to zero, the door locks the moment the door is opened.