In Security Desk, you can diagnose the status of video streams displayed in the canvas.
Diagnosing the video stream helps you to determine the point along the network path where the flow of information is broken. Each component is displayed with incoming and outgoing traffic information. This information can be used to identify potential problems with the video unit, the archiving role, or with redirection to Security Desk, and so on.
What you should know
- In Security Desk, display a camera in a tile.
Diagnostic information about the video stream is overlaid in the tile.
Click OK to view information about
each of the following video stream connections:
- Archiver or Auxiliary Archiver or Federation™ redirector
- The streaming status from the source camera to the Archiver role, Auxiliary Archiver role, or Federation™ redirector initially providing the stream.
- The streaming status from the Archiver role, Auxiliary Archiver, or
Federation™ redirector to the
redirector routing the stream to the next hop.NOTE: All redirectors involved in the routing are listed.
- Media player
- The streaming status from the last redirector involved in the routing to your Security Desk workstation.
- Click Close.