Using the Archives report, you can find and view video archives on your system by camera and time range.
What you should know
- Search for available video archives from a specific time range or from a specific camera during a given date.
- Search through the video archives to review a video recording.
- Export a video recording to share with colleagues or law enforcement.
- From the Security Desk home page, open the Archives task.
- Click the Filters tab and select the cameras that you want to investigate.
Search for video archives by date or by time range:
To search for video archives by date:
- Click the All available tab, and then select the cameras
that you want to investigate.
All days that include video archives for the selected cameras are listed by month and day.
- To show the time range for each day that video archives are found for, click .
- Select a date.
- Click the All available tab, and then select the cameras that you want to investigate.
- To search for archives by time range:
- Click the Cameras filter and select the cameras to investigate.
- Click the Time range tab and set the time range.
Click Generate report.
The related video recordings are listed in the report pane:
- If you searched by date, the hours in the selected day that video is available on are listed.
- If you searched by time range, only cameras with video archives are listed, and the
Preview column header is replaced with a timeline ruler.NOTE: If the report results include cameras in different time zones and your system displays time based on each device's time zone, the timeline ruler is hidden.
The Preview column shows where video is available within the sequence for each camera. You can hover over this timeline to see specific timestamps.
- To view the video sequence in a tile, double-click or
drag an item from the report pane to the canvas.
The selected sequence starts playing.NOTE: If you get the message No video available at this time, verify that you have the following:
- A valid certificate if the video stream is encrypted.
- The required privilege to see that particular camera. The camera might be blocked and require a special privilege to see its archives.
- To control the video recording, use the Camera widget.
- To export an important video archive, select the item in the report pane and click Export ().
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.