If the occupancy that is reported for a parking zone does not match the number of cars that are physically parked in the parking zone, you can correct the occupancy in the system using a manual action, a hot action, or an event trigger.
What you should know
- A mismatch between the occupancy that is reported for a parking zone and the number of cars that are physically parked in the parking zone can be caused by license plates that are not read correctly at the entrance or exit of the parking zone, which generate misreads or NO PLATE reads, depending on how the system is configured. In such cases, the occupancy increases or decreases accordingly, but parking sessions are not opened or closed.
- When you modify the occupancy of a parking zone, the system does not close any of the active parking sessions. This is because, for example, if a vehicle's plate is not read at the exit of the parking zone and is registered as a NO PLATE read, the system does not know which parking session to close because the NO PLATE read cannot be linked to a parking session. This differs from what happens when you reset the inventory of a parking zone, in which case all parking sessions are automatically closed and the remaining vehicles must be issued tickets or must be towed.
The following example uses a manual action to modify the occupancy. You can also configure a hot action or an event trigger.
- In the Security Desk notification tray, click Hot actions ().
- In the Hot actions dialog box, click Manual action.
- In the Configure an action dialog box, select Set parking zone occupancy from the list of actions.
- From the Parking zone drop-down list, select the parking zone you want to modify.
Enter the Occupancy for the parking zone, indicating the current
number of vehicles in the parking zone.
The manual action is triggered and the occupancy of the parking zone is set.