Whether you are viewing live or playback video in a tile, you can save the current video frame as an image file, and then organize and share all files using the Vault tool.
What you should know
- All snapshots are saved with the following naming convention: CameraName (Date Time).png. By default, snapshots are saved as PNG file in the following location: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Genetec Security Desk version#\Vault.
- If you plan to use the snapshot for incident investigation, note that only JPEG files include EXIF tags that provide chain of custody information.
- Select the tile that is displaying the video image you want to save as a snapshot.
Do one of the following:
A thumbnail preview is displayed in the upper-right corner of your Security Desk window for 2 seconds.
- In the camera widget, click Save a snapshot ().
- Right-click in the tile, and click ().
To open the Vault, from the home page, click
. Thumbnails of all snapshots are displayed in the Vault.
To edit a snapshot, do one of the
- Select the snapshot and click Edit ().
- Right-click the snapshot and click Edit.
To print a snapshot, do one of the following:
- Select the snapshot and click Print ().
- Right-click the snapshot and click Print.
To delete a snapshot, right-click the thumbnail and click
If you delete the snapshots, the image files are no longer available.
- To rename a snapshot, right-click the thumbnail and click Rename.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.