If the state of the video unit does not change from Waiting for connection to Connected when adding your Axis video unit, your video unit’s server settings might not be correct.
Before you begin
- Check that the required ports are open.
- Make sure that the serial number that you have entered when adding the video unit matches that of the physical video unit that was added. The serial number can usually be found on a sticker that is affixed to the back of the video unit.
- From your Stratocast™ portal, cancel the video unit enrollment process.
- Restart the video unit.
- Ping the Axis dispatch servers from your video unit.
- Check the default gateway of your video unit.
- Configure the DNS server addresses of your Axis video unit.
- Check the server settings of your video unit.
- Restore the server settings of your video unit.
- Try adding your video unit again. If you still cannot add your Axis video unit, contact Stratocast™ support.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.