With each release, new features, enhancements, or resolved issues are added to the product.
What's new: June 2020
- Support for Azure Active Directory:
- Stratocast™ now supports Azure Active Directory for Integrators and
the Organizational Account option is now
configurable.NOTE: Integrators created with an Organizational Account require a link to log in.
What's new: October 2019
- Image rotation support for Axis cameras:
- Stratocast™ now supports 90° and 270° image rotation for Axis cameras.
The drop-down list will only show rotation options that are supported by the selected
camera.NOTE: This feature is not supported with Silverlight.
What's new: June 2019
- Support for Bosch cameras
- You can now add supported Bosch cameras to Stratocast™. The devices must have the latest firmware version installed and support the Stratocast™ Control Protocol (SCP).
For more information, see Adding Bosch cameras to Stratocast™.
What's new: March 2019
- Push notifications
- Push notifications for motion detected events are now supported on mobile devices.
- Push notifications can be set up for each camera, and you can assign a notification schedule to the camera so that you only receive notifications during the specified days and times.
- Each camera can have multiple notification schedules, which are easily modified, enabled, or disabled as required.
- Tapping a notification starts playing the associated video from the motion detected event bookmark.
What's new: October 2018
- Improved support for panoramic cameras
- You can now set your default camera view to Quad view panoramic or Fisheye panoramic. Stratocast™ also supports a wide range of Axis panoramic cameras. For more information, see Supported devices.
What's new: August 2018
- Remote monitoring for client accounts
- Client administrators can now enroll cameras in their local Community Connect
program by using new remote monitoring options for client accounts. Client
administrators can create and download the remote monitoring user credentials and
share them with the Community Connect administrator.
For more information, see Adding a remote monitoring user to your client account in Stratocast™.
- Dual recording
- A new Dual recording option has been added to the camera
settings on the client's Devices page. You can now record both in
the cloud and on the SD card of supported devices simultaneously.NOTE: Recorded video on the SD card can only be accessed from the camera manufacturer's configuration web page or physically from the SD card.For more information, see Modifying camera settings in Stratocast™.
What's new: May 2018
- Client Home page
- A new dashboard has been added to the client Home page for end users. This includes a motion activity summary, camera status, motion activity over an 8-hour period, and the motion activity peak during the 8-hour period.
- Support for 360° Stratocast™ cameras in Security Center:
- Stratocast™ now supports 360° cameras. These cameras can also be
dewarped when federated to the Security
platform. NOTE: 360° cameras cannot be dewarped from the Stratocast™ Web Client.
- Enhanced motion detection
- Stratocast™ motion detection has been enhanced using a new algorithm that improves accuracy. Axis Video Motion Detection is now supported on all Axis cameras with firmware 6.50 and later.
What's new: February 2018
- Plan updates
- The maximum resolution for both the Basic and Standard plans have increased.
- The Basic plan now supports a maximum resolution of 1280x720 (720p), up from 800x600 pixels.
- The Standard plan supports a maximum resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p), up from 1280x720 pixels.
NOTE: These changes do not affect plan pricing. For more information, see Overview of Stratocast™ plans.
What's new: January 2018
- Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities
- Stratocast™ has been patched to protect against the Meltdown and Spectre security vulnerabilities. Click here to learn more.