Before creating a NAS volume for your Synology DiskStation NAS, you must install the NAS.
Before you begin
What you should know
- From the Internet
- From the installation CD
To install your DiskStation NAS from the Internet:
- Power on the DiskStation NAS and connect it to the Internet.
- If you have Internet access, go to find.synology.com. If you do not have Internet access, enter diskstation:5000 in your browser.
- Click Connect and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
To install your DiskStation NAS from the installation CD:
Insert the installation CD, and click Start to install the Synology Assistant and Data
Once the NAS is discovered, DiskStation appears in the Synology Assistant window.
Right-click on DiskStation and click Install.
- Once prompted, find the DSM_[model name]_[number].pat file in the CD-Drive:\dsm\... directory, and load it to complete the installation.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.
After you finish
- Install the latest firmware for your NAS.
- Create volumes on your Synology DiskStation NAS before adding the NAS volumes to Stratocast™.