To create video files that can be played in media players such as Windows Media Player, you can export bookmarked video recordings and then store the files in Stratocast™, or download them to your local drive.
What you should know
If you export video from your client's Stratocast™ portal, the exported video is stored in your vault, not theirs. As a result, your client cannot see your exported videos and you cannot see theirs.
- Click Investigate ().
Specify the time range you want to cover for the bookmark search. You can
choose from the following:
- Last hour
- Searches for bookmarks created in the last 60 minutes.
- Searches for bookmarks created on the current day.
- Searches for bookmarks created on the previous day.
- Custom date/time range
- Enter a date and time to search for bookmarks created at a specific date and time. You can also use the calendar and date icons to specify a precise date and time.
- Any time
- Includes all bookmarks.
- Select the cameras you would like to include in the search. You can select either a specific camera or All cameras.
(Optional) If you entered a message when you created the bookmark, type the
message in the Search for message box.
The bookmarks that correspond to your search criteria appear on the page as thumbnails.
Specify how you want the bookmarks to be sorted on the page:
- Newest to Oldest
- The latest bookmark thumbnails appear first.
- Oldest to Newest
- The oldest bookmark thumbnails appear first.
- From the list of bookmarks, select the bookmark that you want to export and click Export ().
In the Save as video clip dialog box, set the following
to define the duration of your exported video:
- Minutes before
- The number of minutes to include before the time indicated in the dialog box.
- Minutes after
- The number of minutes to include after the time indicated in the dialog box.
Enter a Description for the exported video.
The maximum is 2000 characters. If the Description is left blank, the camera name is used as the description.
On the Vault page, a progress bar for the exporting process appears in the list of exported video files.NOTE: Only two video exporting processes can be in progress at the same time, per user. Also, the exporting status is refreshed every five seconds.
- Click Vault to confirm whether the bookmark was exported successfully. To cancel the exporting process or delete the video once it has been exported, select the video from the list of exported video files and click Delete ().
(Optional) To edit the Description of your exported
- Hover your mouse over the Description you want to modify, and click it when the underline appears.
- In the Edit dialog box, modify the Description text.
- Click Save.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.