Before adding a Bosch camera to your client account, you must complete pre-installation steps such as validating that your camera model and firmware version are supported by Stratocast™, opening the default ports, and obtaining the MAC address of your camera.
- Ensure that the video unit is supported by Stratocast™. To avoid potential issues, install the firmware version that is shown for your respective device.
Get the camera's MAC address, which is usually printed on a label located on
the bottom of the camera.
If you cannot find the MAC address, contact the camera manufacturer.
- Get the URL of the camera's web page and the user credentials to log in as the camera administrator.
- Power on the camera, connect it to your network, and wait until it is online.
- Install the latest firmware for your video unit and ensure that it supports the Stratocast™ Control Protocol (SCP).
Open the following outbound ports:
- Port 80, 443
- Stratocast™ camera enrollment service
- Ports 22000
- Device load balancer
- Ports 22001 - 22050
- Upload camera video stream to Stratocast™
Ensure the camera connects to the Internet.
Cameras connect automatically, using a dynamic IP address, with most connections.NOTE: If a fixed IP address is used, you must set the gateway, primary DNS, and secondary DNS fields to validate the address; otherwise, the camera cannot authenticate to Stratocast™.