Before adding a Bosch camera to your client account, you must complete pre-installation steps such as validating that your camera model and firmware version are supported by Stratocast™, opening the default ports, and obtaining the MAC address of your camera.
- Ensure that the video unit is supported by Stratocast™. To avoid potential issues, install the firmware version that is shown for your respective device.
Get the camera's MAC address, which is usually printed on a label located on
the bottom of the camera.
If you cannot find the MAC address, contact the camera manufacturer.
- Get the URL of the camera's web page and the user credentials to log in as the camera administrator.
- Power on the camera, connect it to your network, and wait until it is online.
- Install the latest firmware for your video unit and ensure that it supports the Stratocast™ Control Protocol (SCP).
Open the following outbound ports:
- Port 80, 443
- Stratocast™ camera enrollment service
- Ports 22000
- Device load balancer
- Ports 22001 - 22050
- Upload camera video stream to Stratocast™
Ensure the camera connects to the Internet.
Cameras connect automatically, using a dynamic IP address, with most connections.NOTE: If a fixed IP address is used, you must set the gateway, primary DNS, and secondary DNS fields to validate the address; otherwise, the camera cannot authenticate to Stratocast™.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.