To communicate with Modbus devices, they must be added to Security Center.
You can add multiple devices in batches using a CSV file.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Modbus plugin role from the entity browser and click on the Entities tab.
- Click Add an entity (), and select Modbus device.
- From the Modbus plugin list in the Add Modbus device dialog box, select which Modbus plugin role the device belongs to.
Enter the following:
- IP address
- The IP address of the device.
- The port used by the device.
- Unit ID
- The ID given to the device.
In the Device type list, select a device template.
NOTE: If there is no template for the device, add the data points manually.
Click Add and close.
The device is added to the entity browser under the Modbus plugin role.If the device is not added to the entity browser, verify the following:
- The device is powered on and connected to the IP network.
- You can ping the IP address from the plugin server.
- The port number specified in the plugin role matches the port configured for use on the device.
Change the Modbus polling frequency.