You can create a property on a Modbus device by polling a single bit or bit range of a data point.
Add the data points related to your Modbus device.
Before you begin
What you should know
- The only data points that you can read a specific bit range for are input registers or holding registers. Coils and discrete inputs have a single bit.
- The plugin interprets the ordering of bytes within a Modbus register as big-endian. In the user interface, bit 0 represents the least significant bit and bit 15 represents the most significant bit.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select a Modbus device from the entity browser, and click on the Properties tab.
- In the Data Point section, select and input or holding register, and click the Edit data point of Modbus device () button .
From the Type list, select Bit
The Bits fields are displayed.
In the Bits fields, enter value of the bits that you
want to read.
- Click Save, and then click Apply.