To receive events and alarms in Security Center when the value of a Modbus data point changes, you must create rules.
Add your Modbus devices to Security Center.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Modbus plugin role from the entity browser, and click the Rules page.
- In the Data section, click the Add () button .
In the Create a rule dialog box, enter the following
- Type a name for the rule.
- Type a description for the rule.
- Select a specific Modbus device to monitor, or select All to monitor all Modbus devices of the given type.
- Select which Modbus property to monitor. When you select a property, its data type is displayed.
- The .NET framework type of the property used by the Modbus plugin.
- Select what the property value must be in relation to the Value option (equal to, not equal to, lesser than, greater than, and so on) to trigger the event.
- Type a value that the Operator is tested against.
- Select which custom Security Center event or alarm to trigger.
- Click Save.
The rules are listed in the Data section of the Rules page for the plugin.
Create actions to send to Modbus devices when a Security Center event occurs.