If a device template has not been created for the Modbus device you are adding to Security Center, you can manually add the data points of the device to Security Center.
Add your Modbus device to Security Center.
Before you begin
To add a data point to Security Center, you must enter its address. Addresses are provided by the device manufacturer.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select a Modbus device from the entity browser, and then click the Properties tab.
- In the Data Point section, click the Add data point to Modbus device button ().
In the Add data point dialog box, enter the
- The name of the data point.
- Modbus Object Type
- The object type of the data point. This can be a coil, discrete input, holding register, or input register.
- The address of the data point on the device.
- The data type that the data from the device will be transformed to.
- The unit of measure of the data point. This field is optional.
- Unit symbol
- A symbol to represent the unit of measure of the data point. This field is optional.
- Click Save, and then click Apply.
The data point is displayed in the Data Point section of the Properties tab.