When monitoring your devices from Security Desk Maps, you can see when a device is reporting an event or alarm, and you can view related event information.
Device entities are displayed on maps as custom map objects. The color of the corresponding map object reflects the status of the entity.
- The icon is green when the entity is online ().
- The icon is yellow when the entity is in warning ()NOTE: The entity is yellow if there is an error in one of its properties, for example, an invalid address.
- The icon is red when the entity is offline ().
For more information on creating maps, refer to Creating maps from image files.
Custom events and alarms
When custom events and alarms are triggered, you can view them on the map.
- When an event is triggered, the event information is displayed above the map object.
Clicking the event information displays the video feed of the linked camera. If no
camera is linked to that entity, real-time property information is
- When an alarm is triggered, an alarm icon is displayed above the map object.
Hovering over the alarm icon displays the alarm acknowledgment commands.
- Clicking the alarm icon displays the video feed of the linked camera. If no camera
is linked to that entity, real-time property information is displayed. An alarm icon
is displayed next to the property that the alarm was triggered by.