To avoid manually entering each data point for the Modbus devices you add to Security Center, you can create device templates that can be applied when a device is added to Security Center.
Before you begin
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select a Modbus device from the entity browser, and then click the Properties tab.
- Verify that all of the required data points are listed in the Data Point section.
Click Create template from device, and enter the
- The name that will be given to the device template.
- A description of the device template.