To have a Modbus device perform an action based on a Security Center event, you must create an action in Security Center.
Add your Modbus devices to Security Center.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Modbus plugin from the entity browser, and click the Actions page.
Click the Add () button, and enter the
following in the Create action dialog box:
- Enter a name for the action.
- Enter a description for the action.
- The event in Security Center that will trigger the action on the Modbus device.
- The entity in Security Center on which the event is taking place.
- The type of action that you want to take place on the Modbus plugin. Currently, the only option is Write.
- Select the Modbus device on which the action should be performed.
- Select the data point of the Modbus device that the action will trigger.
- Enter the value of the data point that the action will trigger.
- Click Save, and then click Apply.
The action is listed in Actions page for the plugin.
Verify that actions can be sent to a data point.