The Modbus plugin turns Security Center into a Modbus client application so that you can monitor and respond to state and data changes from Modbus devices.
Components of Modbus integration
The following components make up a typical deployment:
- Security Center expansion server
- Connects to the IP network.
- Hosts the Modbus plugin and role.
- Modbus plugin
- Polls device inputs for data changes and state changes. Lists rules to trigger Security Center events. Sends events when a specific rule is triggered by a data change. Reports an error message when a device does not respond to a keep-alive request sent every 30 seconds.
- Modbus device
- Connects to the IP network. In response to requests from the plugin, the Modbus devices reply with their current data and state.