To set up the OPC Server plugin and enable users to monitor Security Center entities on OPC Clients, you must create the OPC Server and configure its connection parameters.
Before you begin
Only specific configuration settings are described here. Only specific configuration settings are described here. For more information about generic Config Tool settings, such as the Identity settings, see Common configuration tabs.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the OPC Server plugin from the entity browser, and click the OPC Server configuration tab.
In the Connection information section, enter the following information:
- Server port
- Port number on which the OPC Server is created.
- Name of the user that the OPC Server uses to connect to Security Center with.
- User password that the OPC Server uses to connect to Security Center with.
If you have a Local Discovery Server installed, register the OPC Server with the LDS as follows:
- In the Discovery section, set the Discovery Server registration option to ON.
In the Directory Server URL option, enter the IP address and port of the LDS.
- Click Apply.
The OPC Server is created, and is connected to Security Center. The Server status changes from Not connected to Ready.