To send camera, door, and area entity information from Security Center to OPC Clients, you must select which entity types and events to expose.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the OPC Server plugin from the entity browser, and click the Object configuration tab.
In the Entities section, select which entity types to monitor on OPC Clients:
- Turn this option to ON to expose camera entities. The Archivers that manage the cameras are also exposed to show the camera hierarchy.
- Access control
- Turn this option to ON to expose area and door entities.
- Federated entities
- Turn this option to ON to expose federated cameras, areas, and doors. The Security
Center Federation and Omnicast Federation roles are also exposed to show the entity hierarchy.NOTE: There might be a large number of federated entities.
- In the Events section, select which event types to monitor on OPC Clients.
To prefix entity names with the entity type when cameras, doors, and areas are displayed on OPC Clients as OPC objects, set the Prefix object names with type option to ON.
When the Prefix object names with type option is enabled, the Front Entrance camera entity is displayed as Camera Front Entrance on OPC Clients.
- Click Apply.
In OPC Clients, you can now browse to the entities you exposed, and monitor events and states related to those entities.