To add your Medeco XT keys and cylinders to Security Center, you must import the codebooks provided to you by Medeco.
Get the following items from Medeco:
Before you begin
- Master PIN number
- System code signature
- Installation dongle
- .kbk codebook file that lists your keys
- .lbk codebook file that lists your cylinders
What you should know
- Keys and cylinders have the following information engraved on them: a 9-digit serial number, the product line (XT), and the generation. For example 295 000 320 XT G2.
- A codebook is a file provided by Medeco that contains security requirements and descriptions of keys or cylinders. Keys are listed in a .kbk file. Cylinders are listed in a .lbk file.
- Make sure the key is an XT model and compatible generation.
- Take note of the 9-digit serial number engraved on the side of each key.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the plugin role from the entity browser, and click the Properties tab.
- In the Codebook section, click Import.
If this is the first time you are adding Medeco XT products, do the following:
- Insert the installation dongle in a USB port on the plugin server.
In the Save system credential dialog box, enter your
Master PIN and System code signature,
and then click Select codebook file.
NOTE: The system credentials are saved in the Directory database.
Import the cylinders: select the .lbk codebook file, click
For each cylinder, a door, a reader, and an access control unit are created and identified with the cylinder's 9-digit serial number.
Import the keys: click the Import button, select the
.kbk codebook file, click Open.
For each key, a credential is created and identified by the key's 9-digit serial number.
After you finish
- Set up access rules for the keys.