After importing the keys, you must configure the associated credentials.
Before you begin
- Read the known issues and limitations.
- Create schedules and access rules.
- Create cardholders, and assign access rules.
What you should know
- When a key is added to Security Center, a credential entity is created and identified by the 9-digit serial number that is engraved on the side of the physical key.
- The format for a Medeco XT key is Unknown 256 bits .
- A Medeco XT key must only be assigned a single schedule. Keep this in mind when you assign access rules to cylinders and cardholders.
- The temporary access rules are unsupported. If you assign a temporary access rule to a key credential, the key does not unlock the cylinders.
- From the Config Tool homepage, open the Credential management task.
- Double-click a credential, and assign a cardholder.
Configure the following:
- Key function
- Defines what information is stored on the key.
- Operator: Stores the access rules required to open doors. Keeps an audit trail of where the key was used.
- Audit: Collects and stores an audit trail of access granted and denied events from each cylinder in which the key is inserted.
- Operator and audit: Stores the access rules to open doors and collects all access granted and denied events from cylinders. Door access is granted after the events are downloaded to the key.
- Setup: Distributes the blacklist. Uploads the blacklist from the key to the cylinder.
- Control: Used to remove and replace cylinders.
- Revalidation period
- The revalidation period defines how often the key must be programmed at a programming station. If the period expires, the key is deactivated. Medeco recommends setting this to 1 day, and not more than 7 days. Although you can enter any value in this field, if you exceed the maximum revalidation period that is set on the plugin role, the value is reset to the maximum.
- In an offline key system, like Medeco XT, the expiration of a credential can be set to never expire or to expire on a specific date.
- Click Apply.
After you finish
- Insert the key in the programming station to upload its configuration and access rules.