You must create the plugin role in Config Tool so that you can configure and use the plugin.
Download and install the plugin.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Only a single role can be created for Medeco XT.
- When you create the plugin role, a certificate is registered in the Windows local certificate store. This certificate is used to encrypt communications and authenticate the identities of the plugin and the Genetec Medeco XT Key Programmer service.
- Medeco does not support partitions.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
In the Plugins task, click Add an
and select Plugin.
The plugin creation wizard opens.
On the Specific
info page, select the server on which the plugin role is hosted,
the plugin type, and the database for the plugin role, and then click
If you do not use expansion servers in your system, the Server option is not displayed.
On the Basic information page, specify the role
- Enter the Entity name.
- Enter the Entity description.
The plugin role appears in the entity browser.
Schedule database backups.