You can disable lost or stolen keys by adding the related credential to a blacklist, then distributing the blacklist to vulnerable cylinders. When the blacklisted key is inserted in an updated cylinder, the cylinder remains locked and an access denied event is recorded in the cylinder's audit log.
What you should know
- expired validation period
- expired credential
To disable a lost or stolen key using the blacklist:
- From the Security Desk homepage, open the Medeco XT blacklist management task.
- Double-click the key's credential to move it to the blacklisted keys list.
- Click Save blacklist.
To configure a setup key that will distribute the blacklist:
- From the Credential Management task, select the credential of the key you will use.
Change the Key function to Setup, and
then click Save.
Insert the setup key into a programming station.
This downloads the blacklist to the key.
To distribute the blacklist to cylinders:
- Insert the setup key into the cylinders where you want to disable the lost key.