Your access control deployment contains multiple generations of keys (G2 and G3). You notice that sometimes, when you insert a key in the programming station, nothing happens. The key is not detected, nor do you receive an error message.
- You insert a G2 key in the programming station. The station programs the key as expected.
- You insert a G3 key in the station. Nothing happens.
- You restart the Genetec Medeco XT Key Programmer service, and then insert the G3 key. The station programs the G3 key as expected.
- You immediately insert a G2 key in the station, but nothing happens.
Some older programming stations can only program keys from the same generation (G2, G3) during a single session. These stations fail to consistently detect keys from different generations.
- Contact your Medeco distributor to report the issue and to replace your Medeco programming station with a more recent unit.
If you launch Key Programmer, insert a key in the programming station, and nothing happens after 60 seconds, do the following:
- Remove the key from the programming station.
- Restart the Key Programmer service:
- On the Windows task bar, show hidden icons, right-click the Key Programmer icon and click Exit.
- Start Key Programmer.
- Insert the key in the programming station.
Key Programmer shows a progress bar while the key is being programmed.