To enforce single passage on a door, you must add a Boolean custom field named “Turnstile” to the Door entity in Security Center, and set this field to TRUE on the door where this feature is to be enforced.
Before you begin
NOTE: This procedure only applies to doors not controlled by Mercury EP units. For doors controlled by Mercury EP units, see Enforcing single passage on doors controlled by Mercury units.Make sure of the following:
- A device that only allows one person through at a time is installed instead of a door.
- The door (turnstile) has a reader on only one side.
- The turnstile is equipped with a door sensor.
- (Optional) The door is equipped with an entry sensor that can reliably detect whether a person has walked through the door or not.
- The door reader, lock, and sensor are controlled by a Synergis™ unit running SMC 2.2 GA and later, or Synergis™ Softwire 10.0 GA and later.
- Log on to Security Center with Config Tool
- Open the System task and select General settings > Custom fields.
- At the bottom the Custom fields list, click Add an item ().
In the Add custom field dialog box, enter the following:
- Entity type
- Select Door.
- Data type
- Select Boolean.
- Enter Turnstile. You must enter the name exactly as it is written, with the capital and lowercase characters.
- Leave the Default value as FALSE (unchecked).
- (Optional) Under Layout, enter a group name and a priority.
- Under Security, add the user groups and users that are permitted to edit this custom field.
- Click Save and close.
- Open the Area view task and select a door representing a turnstile.
- Click the Hardware tab and configure the peripherals wired to your door.
- Click the Custom fields tab, and select Turnstile.
- Click Apply ().
After all doors have been updated, manually synchronize all Synergis™ units that control them.