To enforce single passage on a door controlled by a Mercury EP unit, you must add a Boolean custom field named TurnstileMercury1 or TurnstileMercury2 (depending on which Mercury turnstile mode you want to enforce), to the Door entity in Security Center, and set this field to TRUE on the door where this feature is to be enforced.
Before you begin
- A device that only allows one person through at a time is installed instead of a door.
- The door (turnstile) has a reader on only one side.
- The turnstile is equipped with a door sensor.
- (Optional) The door is equipped with an entry sensor that can reliably detect whether a person has walked through the door or not.
- The door reader, lock, and sensor are controlled by a Synergis™ unit running SMC 2.2 GA and later, or Synergis™ Softwire 10.0 GA and later.
- Log on to Security Center with Config Tool
- Open the System task and select General settings > Custom fields.
Add a Boolean custom field to the Door entity type, and name it
TurnstileMercury1 or TurnstileMercury2,
depending on which turnstile mode you want to enforce.
Add both custom fields if you need them both. You must enter the name exactly as it is written, with the capital and lowercase characters.
- For each custom field, leave the Default value as FALSE (unchecked).
- (Optional) Under Layout, enter a group name and a priority.
- Under Security, add the user groups and users that are permitted to edit this custom field.
- Click Save and close.
- Open the Area view task and select a Mercury-controlled door representing a turnstile.
- Click the Hardware tab and configure the peripherals wired to your door.
Click the Custom fields tab, and click one of the
If both options are selected, mode 1 behavior is applied.IMPORTANT: If the Turnstile option is present, do not enable it. This option is incompatible with Mercury-controlled doors, and the door will not function correctly.
- TurnstileMercury1 to enforce Mercury Turnstile mode 1.
- TurnstileMercury2 to enforce Mercury Turnstile mode 2.
- Click Apply ().