The Genetec™ Update Service (GUS) is a web-based service that is automatically installed with Security Center. The GUS can update all machines within one System ID, however, each new System ID needs its own GUS.
- Update your Security Center products when a new release becomes available.
- Check for updates at regular intervals.
- Automatically download updates when they become available.
- Configure updates to be downloaded in the background, but you still need to manually install.
- View when the last check for updates occurred.
- Ensure that the license is valid and the expiry date is updated.
- Configure peer-to-peer sharing with multiple peers connected to the Internet, or a single peer connected to the Internet. Update files are downloaded once and shared with other peer machines.