[KBA-00376] Omnicast™ applications disconnecting on newly ghosted machines
This article explains why Omnicast™ client applications disconnect on a newly ghosted (cloned) machine.
On a newly ghosted station, Config Tool, Live Viewer, and Archive Player keep disconnecting and connecting.
Each Omnicast™ application is identified by a unique GUID. When ghosting a client station, all the application GUIDs are copied from one machine to the other. This copy causes a problem when trying to connect two applications with the same GUID. The Directory cannot manage the connections properly and the applications constantly disconnect from the system.
- Close Config Tool, Live Viewer, and Archive Player.
- Open the following hidden folder:
- Windows XP or 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVR Software 4.x
- Windows Vista, 7, or 2008: C:\ProgramData\DVR Software 4.x
- Delete the MachineSettings.xml file.
- Open the Windows Registry Editor and delete the following registry keys, if
- Restart Config Tool, Live Viewer, and Archive Player.
Before ghosting any machine that has the Omnicast™ client applications installed, you must perform the workaround steps.