[KBA-01068] How to Reset the Security Center Mobile 3.x Admin Password
This article explains how to reset the password used by the Admin user of the Security Center Mobile 3.x Mobile Admin tool.
The Security Center Mobile 3.x Mobile Admin tool has a default user named Admin. Follow the procedure below to reset it to its default state (blank).
1. In Windows, run services.msc and stop the Genetec Mobile service
- 32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files \Genetec Mobile Server 3.x\
- 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Mobile Server 3.x\
3. Open serverconfig.xml using a text editor.4. Locate the following lines:
5. Delete the encrypted password (represented above by "xxxx"), ensuring that only the following remains:
6. Save and close the file.7. Start the Genetec Mobile service
The Admin user's password has been reset to a blank state.