Some settings on the Synergis™ unit are not automatically synchronized with the Access Manager. If you change any settings on the Synergis™ unit through the Synergis™ Appliance Portal, such as its logon password, its IP address, or the way it responds to connection requests, then you must also change the same settings on the Access Manager in Config Tool.
- Connect to Security Center with Config Tool.
- Open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- Select the Synergis™ unit you modified.
Click the Properties tab to update the necessary properties.
Under Connection settings, enter the parameters used to
connect to this Synergis™ unit.
IMPORTANT: The following settings are all correctly initialized at the time the Synergis™ unit is enrolled in your system. Do not change these settings unless you changed the unit's settings with Synergis™ Appliance Portal after the unit has been enrolled, or one of our representatives instructs you to do so.
- Web address
- Web address for contacting Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
- Username and Password
- Logon username and password.
- Use DHCP
- Do not change this parameter unless asked by a Genetec™ Technical Assistance representative. This parameter is reset every time the Access Manager reconnects to the Synergis™ unit.
- Ignore web proxy
- Select this option to instruct the Access Manager to ignore the Proxy Server settings on the server currently hosting the role. Clear this option to instruct the Access Manager to follow the Proxy Server settings (default=cleared).
- Reset trusted certificate
- (Only enabled when the unit is offline) Click this button to make the Access Manager forget the trusted certificate for this unit so that the new one can be accepted. Use this feature when you changed the digital certificate of the unit after it has been enrolled.
- Click Apply.