To configure your Synergis™ appliance (also called Synergis™ unit), log on to the appliance through the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
You will need the following information to log on for the first time.
Before you begin
- The appliance hostname is SCL (for Synergis™ Cloud Link) or SMC (for Synergis™ Master Controller) followed by the appliance's MAC address, which is the first alpha-numeric code on the label sticker on the appliance. For example, if the label says 0010F32CF482, then the default hostname for a Synergis™ Cloud Link appliance is SCL0010F32CF482.
- The default username and password are admin and softwire.
- If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, make sure you have the Font download setting enabled. To enable Font download, launch Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and click . In the Settings tree, scroll to Font download under Downloads, click Enable, and apply the change.
Only one user can be connected to a given Synergis™ appliance at any given time. By logging on, you will log off anyone who might have logged on before you.
What you should know
(First time logon only) Connect the Synergis™
appliance’s LAN 1 port to your LAN.
Click here to view the location of the LAN 1 port on a Synergis™ Cloud Link appliance.
- Open a web browser.
In the browser’s address bar, type https:// followed by the
Synergis™ appliance's hostname or IP address
(for example, https://SCL0010F32CF482).
If you are unable to connect to your appliance using its hostname and you haven’t yet configured its IP address, then you should log on to the Synergis™ appliance using the alternate IP address.
(New browser session only) If you opened a new browser session to log on to the
Synergis™ appliance, you will get a certificate
Follow your browser’s on-screen instructions to continue to the website.NOTE: You won't see the message again unless you close and re-open your browser to log on to the appliance.
- In the Synergis Appliance - Logon page, select the interface language.
- Enter the username and password, then click Log on.
The Synergis Appliance - Home page appears.