Most interface module behaviors, such as beeping on certain types of access control events, are common to all interface modules attached to the same Synergis™ unit. You configure these unit-wide settings on the Access control page.
What you should know
For more information about these access control settings, or about how to configure them in Security Center, see Configuring access control unit settings.
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click on .
In the Unit-wide parameters page, select which of the following options you want the Synergis™ unit to support:
- Lock relay
- This setting tells the Synergis™ unit to
do one of the following:
- After door opened
- Keep the door unlocked for a certain delay (HH:MM:SS) after the door opens.
- When door closed
- Immediately lock the door after it closes.
- Interlock setting
- An interlock is a system with multiple doors where only one door can be opened at
any time. You have two options:
- Single door open (Default)
- The moment one door is open, immediately lock all other doors.
- Single door unlock
- Only unlock one door at any given time.
- Reader setting
- Applies to card and PIN readers only. You have two options:
NOTE: To enforce Card and PIN so that both the card and the PIN must be used to gain access, you need to configure the property of the reader in Config Tool.
- Card or PIN
- Either the card or the PIN can be used to grant access.
- Card only (Default)
- Only the card is used to grant access.
- Maximum PIN length
- Applies to interface modules that support option-00 readers. The Synergis™ unit will process the PIN being entered the moment it reaches the maximum number of digits, without waiting for the ‘#’ key.
NOTE: There might be exceptions; check the features of your specific integration.
- Duress PIN
To signal a duress, authorized cardholders must badge and enter their regular PIN + 1 to the last digit. For example, if the regular PIN is 1234, then the duress PIN is 1235. If the last digit is a 9, then it becomes a 0; for example, 9999 would become 9990.
- Degraded mode (Mercury, VertX)
- In degraded mode, the interface module makes decisions on its own when the connection to the Synergis™ unit is lost. When this option is selected, the interface module unlocks the doors for all credentials that match the specified Facility code (26 bits card format only) instead of requiring a full match.This option applies only to Mercury and HID VertX sub-panels.
- Click Save.