To configure SharpZ3 cameras, you must log on to the Sharp Portal.
Before you begin
- You need to know the IP address or name of the SharpZ3 camera
you want to connect to:
- SharpZ3 name
- You can find the SharpZ3 name (for example, SharpZ312345) on the label on the back of the unit.
- Fallback IP address
- The fallback IP address is 192.168.10.99. The fallback IP address is only available if the camera is in DHCP mode (default). After camera startup, the camera searches for a DHCP server. If no DHCP server is present on the network after two minutes, the fallback IP address is made available.
What you should know
- You can access the Sharp
the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge version 41 and later
- Google Chrome version 46 and later
- To ensure that camera feeds are displayed correctly, only open one instance of the Sharp Portal at a time.
- Open your Web browser, and go to https://<SharpZ3 name or IP address>.
Enter the Username and Password.
- If you have already logged on and changed the default password, enter your Username and Password and click Connect.
- If this is the first time you are logging on to the Sharp
Portal for this unit, enter the
Select the power line frequency that corresponds to the installation
NOTE: For more information on the power line frequency used in your installation location, click here.
- 60 Hz
- Generally used in North America and South America
- 50 Hz
- Generally used in Africa, Australia, Asia, and Europe
Click Enter context name and select which regional context
NOTE: You can change the regional context when you configure analytics for the SharpZ3.
- Click Next.
Enter and confirm a new password.
NOTE: You cannot modify the username.
- Click Next.
- You are redirected to the logon page. Enter the Username and new Password, then click Connect.
After successfully logging on, the Sharp Portal opens to the Overview page of the Dashboard menu.