By default, power to the SharpZ3 base unit and connected devices continues to be supplied for 60 seconds after the vehicle engine is turned off. You can configure how power is managed when the system shuts down.
What you should know
WARNING: Configuring incorrect battery monitoring settings can render the unit temporarily unusable or impair the battery.
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
- Click .
- Click Show Advanced.
Configure Battery Monitoring settings.
NOTE: The voltages in the following table are measured at the base unit power connector. Note that there is an approximate 0.5 - 0.7 V drop between the battery and the base unit power connector.
- Turn on voltage
- Input voltage threshold below which the unit does not turn on.
- Ignition cut-off delay
- Grace period between ignition cut-off and trunk unit power-down.
- Input undervoltage threshold that causes a unit shut-off if maintained for a certain time.
Parameter Minimum Maximum Default Turn on voltage 9.5 V 25.5 V 12 V Ignition cut-off delay 10 seconds 30 minutes 60 seconds Undervoltage 9 V 25.5 V 10.3 VNOTE:
- The Turn on voltage and Undervoltage parameters have a precision of 0.1 V. For example, a voltage of 20.789456 V is rounded to 20.7 V.
- The Ignition cut-off delay parameter is rounded down to the nearest 10. For example, a cut-off time of 48 seconds is rounded to 40 seconds.
- Click Save.