Based on the position of the patrol vehicle when a license plate is read, the SharpZ3 system can calculate the location of the target vehicle. To improve geocoding precision, you must define the exact location of the SharpZ3 cameras on the patrol vehicle roof.
What you should know
- To configure the camera orientation, you must measure the angle of the SharpZ3 cameras. For best results, use a digital level.
- The vehicle image on the Camera position and orientation page in the Sharp Portal dynamically updates to show the approximate position of the camera.
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, click .
- From the Cameras menu, select the first SharpZ3 camera you want to configure.
- Click Enable to turn on the feature for the camera.
Enter Position measurements in centimeters to indicate where
the front of the camera is in respect to the GNSS antenna.
IMPORTANT: Take your measurements from the GNSS antenna to the front of the camera. Do not measure from the center of the vehicle.As you enter positive or negative values, the camera moves on the vehicle image. This helps you to confirm that you have entered the correct positive or negative values.
Measure the camera's pan, tilt, and roll using a digital level and enter the
- Click Save.