For installations that include multiple SharpZ3 units, the Syslog feature allows you to configure a central repository for all SharpZ3 log entries.
You must have a Syslog server that is accessible by the SharpZ3 unit.
Before you begin
What you should know
- The SharpZ3 syslog feature is compliant with the RFC 5424 protocol.
- Whether you use the syslog feature or not, SharpZ3 logs are available on Sharp Portal under .
- When you activate the Syslog server, logs are sent to that server, but are still recorded locally as usual.
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, click .
- Select the Use Syslog server checkbox.
Configure the following:
- Use Syslog server
- Select this option to configure a central repository for all SharpZ3 log entries.
- Enter the IP address or name of the server.NOTE: Syslog server configurations do not support IPv6 addresses.
- Enter the port number of the syslog server.
- Network protocol
- Select UDP or TCP.
Click Test connection to verify that the server can be
- Click Save.